Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, we have temporarily suspended our intensive English program. We do not anticipate restarting our program until January 2022 at the earliest.
The Intensive English Program (IEP) at UW-Madison
What we offer:
Our IEP provides quality academic instruction to adults who wish to improve their proficiency in English. We offer full-time, 14-week programs in the Fall and Spring semesters. Our classes range from lower-intermediate (A2) to advanced level (C1). We do not offer beginning-level instruction (A1).
* Levels A1 – C2 refer to the Common European Framework of Reference for languages (CEFR).
As a student you will learn to…
- Speak accurately and fluently
- Express your ideas in writing
- Understand lectures and informal speech
- Read efficiently and quickly
- Become confident in your English
Not just an IEP student
Unlike other programs, when you join our IEP you are a UW-Madison student, with full access to all UW-Madison student facilities. You will experience life as a student at Wisconsin’s flagship university, with help and guidance from us. Please consult the menu on the right for more information about our program, admissions, and life at UW-Madison.